APPENDIX A - ENGLISH/METRIC CONVERSION FACTORS
APPENDIX B - GEOMETRIC AND TRIGONOMETRIC REFERENCE CHARTS
The charts in this section contain a number of formulas for performing geometric and trigonometric calculations. These charts should be used as references in calculating quantities for measurement and payment.
APPENDIX C - FEDERAL HIGHWAY ADMINISTRATION
This appendix contains information specific to the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) and Federal-aid programs and projects. Included are: the Delaware Department of Transportation/Federal Highway Administration Stewardship Agreement (which includes the Memorandum of Agreement, Construction Contract Change Approval Requirements for Federal- Aid Oversight Projects); and a list of requested notification of FHWA for projects with federal oversight.
- Change Order MOA between FHWA & DelDOT
- Stewardship & Oversight Agreement between FHWA & DelDOT
- Accessible Design (ADA) – FHWA’s Resource Library for everything related to the Americans with Disabilities Act guidance, policy and related information.
- Buy America – Includes Q’s/A’s
- Construction Program Guide - Intended to provide fast, easy access to Federal-aid construction program regulations, policy, guidance, and training. All construction related information is consolidated under key subject areas, with links to related information. The web site provides a consolidated source for Federal and State construction personnel to find updated information about FHWA's construction program.
- Construction Program Management and Inspection Guide, August 2004
- Contract Administration Core Curriculum Manual
- Consultant Services – Includes Q’s/A’s
- Emergency Relief (ER) Program
- Employment of Consultants
- Federal-Aid Policy Guide (FAPG) - Federal Highway Administration's (FHWA's) current policies, regulations and nonregulatory procedural guidance information related to the Federal-aid Highway Program.
- Federal-Aid Program Administration
- FHWA Directives and Memorandums – A directive is a written communication that prescribes or establishes policy, organization, methods, procedures, requirements, guidelines, or delegations of authority. It also provides information essential to the administration or operation of the FHWA. All directives are written in plain language according to the general writing and formatting guidelines in the FHWA Directives Guide
- Financing Federal-Aid Highways
- Guide to Federal-Aid Programs and Projects
- Highway Related Statutes
- Highway Related Regulations
- LPA's Federal-Aid Essentials
- Local Public Agency (LPA)
- Major Projects
- NHI - National Highway Institute - Your source for training the transportation community.
- OIG - Office of the Inspector General Hotline – If you suspect bid rigging or fraud has occurred in any project funded by FHWA.
- Patented and Proprietary Products – Q’s/A’s
- Responsible Charge
- FHWA Websites
- Planning: https://www.fhwa.dot.gov/environment/index.cfm
- Environment: https://www.fhwa.dot.gov/environment/index.cfm
- Right of Way (Realty): https://www.fhwa.dot.gov/real_estate/index.cfm
- Design: http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/design/
- Contract Administration: http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/programadmin/contracts
- Construction: http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/construction/
APPENDIX D - ACRONYMS
This glossary is intended to assist Department personnel in understanding the significance of some of the words and terms used most frequently on Projects. In most instances, the definitions or explanations are given as they are used or known in our State, rather than the technical or universal meaning. Words or phrases in the definitions shown in italics are defined elsewhere in this Part of the Manual.